Beginning this summer, Park City Culinary Institute will be hosting Seasonal Chef Demonstrations and Tasting Dinners featuring prominent local Chefs at our new Teaching Kitchen in Salt Lake City.
To celebrate our new Chef's Demonstration and Tasting Table Series, we are offering exclusive pricing to our followers of just $45 per guest for our introductory 5-course dinner for the months of June and July.
Renowned Chef Jordan Miller has created this tasting menu around Summer in Utah. Inspired by mountain streams, sugar beets, and the joy of walking through Utah pastures, Chef Jordan Miller has developed this fun menu celebrating life in Utah. Dinner starts with fresh-baked bread and a raw-milk butter from West Jordan. Chef Jordan is also curating local trout, Utah pine nuts, pepperweed, dandelion, blue mustard, and Morgan Valley lamb for this delicious experience.
Recently invited to cook at the James Beard Foundation, he will be cooking for James Beard right before returning to Utah to cook for us!
New to our Faculty, Chef Jordan Miller has received multiple awards in multiple cities for his restaurants, including Best New Restaurant in Delaware 2016, Best Southern Food in Philadelphia, and ZAGAT’s Top 10 Restaurants in New Jersey. He opened the acclaimed Heirloom Lewes Restaurant in Delaware, and also the award-winning restaurant at the Lord Baltimore Hotel in Maryland. Here in Utah, he was the Executive Chef of Coal & Lumber, and Tavern, both on Main Street in Park City.
The Tasting Menu:
Freshly Baked Dutch Oven Bread and Lion House Rolls served with raw Jersey Milk Butter from West Jordan and wild Cheeses.
* Amuse Bouche: A quick bite of Utah. Funeral potato bites with local trout roe.
* 1st course: The melting mountain streams. Juniper cured Utah trout, strawberry, celery, and clasping pepperweed.
* 2nd course: Mormon beet sugar producers. Beets five ways with Utah pine nut pudding.
* 3rd course: A walk through Salt Lake City. Foraged watercress, dandelion, curly dock, blue mustards, and sorrel.
* 4th course: A walk through the pasture. Morgan Valley spring lamb with peas, carrots, and charred spring onions.
* 5th course: Something sweet from the mountain, something sweet from the Valley. Blue spruce tip ice cream and green Jello.
Choose from Friday Nights June 29, July 6, July 13, and July 20. Doors open at 6pm, dinner starts at 6:30pm.
Seats are limited at the price of $45 per person, and must be reserved in advance. Dinner includes a Craft Mocktail. The Craft Cocktail, as well as Wines carefully selected by Chef Jordan Miller to pair with the dinner, will be available for purchase.